Is this the course for you?
This one or two day course is aimed at geophysicists, geologists, reservoir engineers or developers who need to deal with geoscience domains. Python is of growing importance in the geosciences and is becoming the language of choice for geocomputing. At the end of this course students will be able to load, analyse and map geologic data, model geologic processes and interact with industry standard geospatial systems in Python.
- We start immediately with working programs.
- Testing is integral to our approach.
- Taught on Windows, Linux or Mac OS X.
- Knowledge level of the Python for Scientists course is assumed
- Representing spatial data
- Reading and writing geoscience data
- Mapping, cartography and visualisation
- Geostatistical tools
- Time series and image processing
- Forward modelling geologic processes
- Interacting with GIS systems
- Feature extraction from geological data
Concrete Experience. Reflective Observation. Abstract Conceptualisation. Active Experimentation.
Interested? We'll get back to you to discuss your needs.