Is this the course for you?
Python is one of the most important and ubiquitous programming languages for scientific computing and data analysis, and
a handful of packages form the foundation for its widespread adoption. This course teaches you how to use Numpy, Pandas, and Matplotlib to manipulate, analyze, and display your data, all while working within
the comfortable environment of Python. This two day course will introduce you to the essentials of these technologies,
opening the door to the full ecosystem of scientific and data analysis tools in Python.
This course is delivered online, in a 4x4 format (one four-hour session each
day for four days), plus some self-guided learning.
- We start from the ground up, with small exercises all along the way
- We use Jupyter notebooks, so you can follow along and take “live notes” home with you
- Larger exercises will help you integrate and apply the ideas you learn
- Knowledge level of our Python for Programmers course is assumed
- No advanced scientific or mathematical background required
- Taught on Windows, Linux or Mac OS X.
- Numpy arrays, data types, and shapes • Array slicing and views
- Boolean and fancy selection
- Shaping and broadcasting
- Pandas data containers: Index, Series, and DataFrame
- Using data formats like CSV, Excel, and JSON
- Non-unique indexes, sorting, and index-aligned operations
- Groupby operations
- Transforming and reshaping DataFrames
- Plotting basics in Matplotlib
- Subplots and placement
- Time series formatting
- 3D plotting
- Guidelines for effective plots
Use the link(s) below to arrange a booking: